We invite you to join us for auditions for our Fall musical. Please see below for info. For questions or more information, send us an email.
This will be a tuition-based production. Tuition will be $270 per student actor.
Auditions: Thursday, August 24th 6:30-9 pm – St. Andrews Church
Callbacks: Saturday, August 26th 2:00-4:00 pm – Pearland Recreation Center
Students unable to attend the Thursday audition can audition Saturday, August 26th from 1-2 before callbacks begin.
Performances: November 17-19, 2017 at San Jacinto College South
Sundays 1-5 pm
Mondays 6-8 pm
(Final rehearsal schedule will be given out at cast parent meeting)
Read through and parent meeting: Monday, August 28
Rehearsals begin: Monday, September 4
Our target cast member should be in grades 5-12. We will consider students in younger grades on a case by case basis.
What to Prepare
* a 16-bar audition song (preferably from a Broadway musical)
* One-minute monologue. (We know monologues can be a challenge for the younger kids, students will have the option to perform a memorized monologue OR read from the script during auditions.)
What To Bring:
* Accompanying music in digital form (phone or on a Flash drive in MP3 format)
* A photo that we can keep with your audition form.
* Resumes are helpful but not required.
Information about Callbacks:
* ALL students should plan to be available to attend the callback audition, which will begin promptly at 2:00 on the 28th.
* Not all students who are cast will be called back
* Not all students who are called back will get lead roles.
* The purpose of callbacks will be to sort out lead roles.
* Pearland Little Theatre is providing 1 half-tuition scholarships to students
* Scholarship will be based on the scholarship application (which includes an essay), a letter of recommendation, and a theatrical résumé. More info will be available at auditions.
* Scholarship applications are due by August 26, you can email them or bring them by the callback auditions) and winner will be announced with the posting of the cast list.
* Scholarship winner will be expected to help backstage during production with organizing props and costumes under the direction of the stage manager(s).
Director: Julie Candy-Johnson
Music Director: Deron Evers
For questions or more information, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.